May 2, 2024

Infrastructure Investment Europe: April 2024 Summary

Stay up to date with notable deals, fund raises, and key personnel movements in the Infrastructure Investment market with our monthly newsletter.
Infrastructure Investment Europe: April 2024 Summary


Arjun Infrastructure Partners and University Pension Plan Ontario (UPP) have announced an investment in Angel Trains, as well as the establishment of a partnership to pursue further infrastructure investments in OECD countries.

Arjun Infrastructure Partners, in a consortium with Macquarie Capital and abrdn, has announced the acquisition of a fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) network from DIGI Spain Telecom.

Arjun Infrastructure Partners and Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners have completed the €383.5m refinancing of the 487 MW Monegros operational onshore wind portfolio in Aragon, Spain.

Blackstone plans to buy the former site of Britishvolt, a failed battery startup in northeast England, for £110m (€129m), according to media outlets. They intend to transform the 235-acre site into one of Europe’s largest data centers.

Commerz Real acquires two ready-to-build solar parks in Sweden from Helios Nordic Energy.

Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners acquires majority stake in Elgin, a leading international solar company.

DWS acquires a portfolio of 147 MW in solar assets from X-ELIO in Spain.

EQT Infrastructure has agreed to acquire a majority position in Universidad Europea.

Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) has agreed to sell a 50.01 percent stake in Edinburgh Airport to VINCI Airports for £1.27 billion. GIP will continue to manage the remaining 49.99 percent interest.

Infracapital sells Slovak energy group GGE to Unicapital Energy.

Luxcara and Bayerische Landesbank have achieved financial close for a solar PV portfolio located in Denmark.

Mapletree acquires UK student housing assets and operating platform for €1.2b.

Pioneer Point Partners acquires Italian energy-efficiency service provider Simet Soluzioni Energetiche.

STOA announces its first transaction in the carbon removal space, partnering with NetZero alongside an €18m commitment.


Allianz Global Investors global infrastructure and energy transition debt fund holds its first close at EUR 220mn.

AXA IM Prime holds €430m first close for debut secondaries infra fund, which has a target of €1bn.

DTCP has held the final close of its Digital Infrastructure Vehicle II (DIV II) at €1.6 billion.

Igneo Infrastructure Partners has concluded the Series 3 fundraising for its European Diversified Infrastructure Fund III (EDIF III), growing the fund to more than €4.1 billion in commitments and a further approximately €2.1 billion of potential co-investment commitments.

Masdar reaches close on financing for 476MW Baltic Eagle Offshore Wind Project.

Stonepeak to target $5bn for second renewables fund. The target is four times the original $1.25bn they sought for its maiden effort, which closed over target at $2.75bn in 2021.

Movers & Promotions:

Commerz Real has appointed Michael Henn as its new global head of green deal infrastructure.

DIF Capital Partners announces the opening of a new office in Milan, to be headed up Roberta Battaglia, formerly Head of Infrastructure at CDP Equity.

Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners Managing Director and Global Head of Investment Strategy, Chris Koski is set to leave this quarter. He is not thought to have a new position lined up.

Nuveen bolsters energy infrastructure credit team with five new additions. This includes Lena Doan, Jeff Hostettler and Eliot Javanmardi as Managing Directors.

Schroders has announced that Peter Harrison will be retiring as group CEO in 2025 and that the firm is now launching a search for his successor. Harrison has been CEO since 2016.

SUSI Partners has appointed Sven Simonis as its new Head of Client Solutions and member of the Swiss investment firm’s leadership team.

Temasek opens Paris office and appoints Nagi Hamiyeh the new head of EMEA.

Current Mandates:

Analyst / Associate – Infrastructure Advisory - Frankfurt

Investment Associate (ESG) - Private Equity - London

Director (Origination Focus) - Infrastructure Equity - London

May 2, 2024
Reading Time
10 mins
RElated News

Technology Investment & Advisory in Europe Monthly Summary April 2024

Stay up to date with notable deals, fund raises, and key personnel movements in the Technology Investment market with our monthly newsletter.
Read Article

Why You Should Consider Working Exclusively With A Retained Search Agency?

To attract top talent in a competitive market, financial firms often debate between retained search agencies and contingency recruitment.
Read Article

Get in touch

To discuss how we can support you with your next steps, get in touch with our expert recruitment team today.